Twelve months in politics can seem like a lifetime, and 2022 was no different.
Bills were signed, the Supreme Court handed down historic decisions, millions of Americans headed to the ballot box and President Joe Biden finished off his second year in the White House.
2023 looks set to be just as hectic, with eyes on the candidates who could announce their 2024 runs for president and the GOP taking over the House.
So, while you prepare, DailyMail.com has a series of questions to test your knowledge of the last 12 months in the corridors of power.
a) Adopt a puppy
b) Turn 80 in office
c) Drive a car
d) Fall down airplane steps
3) Who was married at the White House this year?
a) Hunter Biden and Melissa Cohen
b) Naomi Biden and Peter Neal
c) Ashley Biden and Howard Krein
d) Valerie Biden and John Owens
4) …and after this couple banned reporters from the ceremony, which magazine featured them on the cover?
b) Vanity Fair
d) Harper’s Bazaar
5) What were the results of the 2022 midterm elections?
a) The Republicans won the House and the Senate
b) The Democrats maintained control of Congress
c) The Democrats maintained control of the House and the Republicans won the Senate
d) The Republicans won the House and the Democrats maintained the Senate
c) Costa Rica
7) This is the name of the Supreme Court case that overturned abortion rights in the United States
a) Roe v. Wade
b) Planned Parenthood v. Casey
c) Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization
d) Griswold v. Connecticut
c) West Virginia
9) This former president returned to the White House to have his official portrait unveiled
a) Donald Trump
b) Bill Clinton
c) Barack Obama
d) George W. Bush
10) Who did House Democrats select to become the new leader of the caucus once House Speaker Nancy Pelosi steps down?
a) Rep. Jerry Nadler
b) Rep. Hakeem Jeffries
c) Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
d) Rep. Jim Clyburn
11) What prominent member of Congress had their election go to an automatic recount because it was so unexpectantly close?
a) Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene
b) Rep. Lauren Boebert
c) Rep. Ilhan Omar
d) Rep. Kevin McCarthy
12) Who did Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson replace on the Supreme Court?
a) Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
b) Justice Stephen Breyer
c) Justice Anthony Kennedy
d) Justice Merrick Garland
13) Which Trump-backed Republican Senate candidate won his election in a midterms night deemed disappointing for the former president?
a) Herschel Walker
b) J.D. Vance
c) Dr. Mehmet Oz
d) Blake Masters
14) Who became the first official candidate of the 2024 presidential race with an announcement in mid-November?
a) Donald Trump
b) Ron DeSantis
c) Joe Biden
d) Bernie Sanders
15) Which country was honored with the first state dinner of the Biden administration?
a) The United Kingdom
16) Biden went to Arizona in early December and was asked why he wasn’t visiting the border. His explanation was:
a) ‘My schedule his too busy’
b) ‘It’s too far away’
c) ‘There are more important things’
d) ‘It is too dangerous’
17) Gas prices rose in 2022 amid historic inflation. What was the nationwide average peak of a price per gallon in mid-June, according to the AAA
18) This prominent Republican Trump critic lost their 2022 primary and will be leaving Congress in January:
a) Rep. Adam Kinzinger
b) Rep. Liz Cheney
c) Sen. Lisa Murkowski
d) Rep. Denver Riggleman
19) Which of the below funerals did Biden not attend this year?
a) Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
b) UK’s Queen Elizabeth II
c) Former Japanese Prime Minister Abe Shinzo
d) Former U.S. Senator Harry Reid
20) Who is the tallest person ever elected to Congress?
a) Rep. Tom McMillen
b) Sen.-elect John Fetterman
c) Sen. Alan Simpson
d) Sen. Bill Bradley
21) Which member of Congress switched parties in 2022?
a) Sen. Bernie Sanders
b) Sen. Joe Manchin
c) Sen. Kyrsten Sinema
d) Sen. Chuck Schumer
22) Joe Biden could announce his 2024 presidential bid in the new year, how many times has he run for the White House before?
23) Who did Biden call a ‘stupid son of a b***’ during a press conference in January?
a) Jake Tapper
b) Chris Wallace
c) Peter Doocy
d) Chanel Rion
24) Democratic Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney said when he was a child, his family ate this when they were struggling with rising prices
a) Macaroni cheese
b) Hot Pockets
c) Chef Boyardee
25) Just before Christmas, Congress passed the omnibus spending bill. What was the final amount?
a) $1.5 trillion
b) $1.7 trillion
c) $1.9 trillion
d) $2 trillion
26) Where was Biden when he fell of his bike in June
a) Wilmington, Delaware
b) Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
c) Camp David, Maryland
d) The White House