Marjorie Taylor Greene confronts AOC on the House floor and demands a debate on the Green New Deal after she claimed climate change is caused by ‘racism’
- Marjorie Taylor Greene is pushing for a debate with AOC on the Green New Deal
- The Georgia Republican posted a picture to Twitter Wednesday where she is shown confronting Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the House floor
- ‘Glad I ran into you today @AOC to plan our debate about the Green New Deal’
- ‘After I finish reading all 14 pages, like we agreed, I’ll schedule time for our debate,’ she wrote, indicating she has not yet read the full extent of the proposal
- Ocasio-Cortez relaunched the 2019 climate change plan on Tuesday
- She told reporters on Capitol Hill climate change was a result of racial policy
- The New York congresswoman’s comments were roundly mocked by critics
- Her Green New Deal has for years been a source of ridicule for Republicans
- Greene started her proposal for a debate over the plan last week
Marjorie Taylor Greene confronted Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on the House floor Wednesday and posted a picture of the interaction to push again for a debate with the progressive congresswoman on her Green New Deal.
‘I’m glad I ran into you today @AOC to plan our debate about the Green New Deal,’ Rep. Greene posted on Twitter Wednesday evening.
‘After I finish reading all 14 pages, like we agreed, I’ll schedule time for our debate,’ the Georgia congresswoman continued, indicating she has not yet read the Green New Deal.
Greene used the hashtag ‘MTGvAOC’ and included a picture of her speaking with Ocasio-Cortez on the floor of the House of Representatives.
Critics immediately pounced on Greene for admitting to not reading the proposal she has so harshly spoken out against.
This isn’t the first time Greene has challenged AOC to a debate.
Last Wednesday she tweeted: ‘@AOC I’d like to challenge you to a debate on the Green New Deal economic policy.’
Long story – click here to read Long Story