Read the story at dailymail.co.uk
- Kellie Chauvin’s lawyers said Friday that she was filing for divorce from Derek Chauvin, her husband of about a decade
- The announcement came as Derek was charged with George Floyd’s murder
- Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin kneeled on George Floyd’s neck during an arrest over an alleged fake $20 bill on Monday, leading to his death
- DailyMail.com revealed Kellie was charged with writing a bad $42 check in February 2005 in Wisconsin, while married to her ex-husband
- A rumor on social media claims that one of those officers, Tou Thao, is Kellie Chauvin’s brother and, therefore, Derek Chauvin’s brother-in-law. However, there’s no proof of this; most sources claim that the four officers involved aren’t related.