- Carroll County sheriffs confirmed they are ‘looking into’ James Chadwell II, over the murders of Libby German and Abby Williams in Delphi, Indiana in 2017
- Chadwell, 42, was arrested last month after a nine-year-old missing girl was found naked and covered in dog bites in his basement in Lafayette, Indiana
- He bears an uncanny resemblance to a police sketch of the man that’s believed to be Libby and Abby’s killer, but he has not been formally named as a suspect
- DailyMail.com has learned Chadwell has a history of drunk driving and violence
- ‘He’s always been out to hurt people. He wants to break bones and knock teeth out,’ his brother, Ashley Chadwell, 40, said
- According to Ashley, Chadwell once shoved his wife Sarah so violently into the wall, it left a whole-body imprint
- He allegedly injured one boy by driving around a campsite at high speed while drunk, he said
- Chadwell is currently in jail awaiting trial on attempted murder, kidnapping, strangulation and child molestation charges
The man now linked as a possible suspect in the horrific murder of two young girls in Delphi, Indiana in 2017, shoved his wife so hard that a permanent impression of her body was left in the wall of his house, DailyMail.com has learned.
Lifelong criminal James Brian Chadwell II, has a history of drinking and violent fights that started when his mother told him her husband was not his biological father, his brother exclusively told DailyMail.com.
Chadwell – who uses the name Brian to distinguish himself from James Brian Chadwell Sr, the man who raised him – is awaiting trial, after a nine-year-old girl was found naked and covered in dog bites in his basement in Lafayette, Indiana, last month.
The girl, who had gone missing from a block party near Chadwell’s home, told police he had hit her several times on the head and then tried to rape and strangle her, and he had forced her to give him oral sex.
He has been charged with attempted murder, kidnapping, strangulation and child molestation.
‘He is pure evil,’ Ashley Chadwell, 40, told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview. ‘That is the only way to say it.
‘He calls himself ‘Outlaw’, and he thinks he is this outlaw, always wanting to be Bobby Badass to whoever he can and fight them.
‘But it’s not just a little roughness and then you settle, he’s always been out to hurt people. He wants to break bones and knock teeth out.’
Investigators are looking to see whether Chadwell could be the man they have been seeking for four years for the murders of Abby Williams, 13, and Libby German, 14, on a trail outside Delphi, Indiana, 20 miles from his home.
He bears an uncanny resemblance to a police sketch of the man they believe is the killer.
Chadwell is currently locked up in the Tippecanoe County Jail in Lafayette. He received minor facial injuries in a fight with a newly incarcerated inmate on Wednesday last week, county officials say.
Carroll County sheriff Tobe Leazenby told ABC Newsthere are ‘several factors’ leading investigators to believe there might be a tie between the two cases.
But he cautioned against doing a side-by-side comparison between Chadwell’s mugshot and the composite sketch.
‘Someone looks like somebody, that obviously does not mean that is the person,’ Leazenby said.
Relatives of the murdered girls are being cautious about the arrest.
Mike Patty, Libby’s grandfather, who raised her, told DailyMail.com: ‘It’s another tip that needs to be followed up.
‘While this guy certainly could be, may be, possibly be, I’ve had 50,000 of those could be, may be, possiblys.
‘We need to continue to convey to people that until an arrest is made, the guy who committed a double murder is still walking around a free man.’
But Ashley Chadwell said that, even if his brother is not the man who killed Abby and Libby, he is still a danger to everyone he meets.
‘He should never see the light of day again – and if he is responsible for killing the two girls in Delphi, he should be put down,’ said his brother.