05/28/2024

Former President Trump accepted President Biden’s offer to debate him on television in June and September.

The proposal was outlined by the Biden-Harris campaign in a letter to the bipartisan Commission on Presidential Debates on Wednesday morning.

It abandoned the decades-old tradition of three fall meetings organized by the debate commission.

“Crooked Joe Biden is the worst debater I have ever faced—he can’t put two sentences together,” Trump told Fox News Digital.  “Crooked is also the worst president in the history of the United States, by far.”

Trump told Fox News Digital that “it is time for a debate to take place—even if it has to be held through the offices of the Commission on Presidential Debates, which are totally controlled by Democrats and who, as people remember, got caught cheating with me with debate sound levels.”

“I’m ready to go,” Trump said. “The dates that they proposed are fine. Anywhere. Anytime. Any place. Let’s see if Joe can make it to the stand-up podium.”

“The proposed June and early September dates are fully acceptable to me,” Trump told Fox News Digital. “I will provide my own transportation.”

In a letter obtained by Fox News Digital, the Biden-Harris campaign proposed that the first debate be in late June, after Trump’s New York criminal trial is likely to be over and after Biden returns from meeting with world leaders at the G7 Summit. A second presidential debate would occur in September prior to the beginning of early voting. The campaign proposed a vice presidential debate to occur in late July after the Republicans nominate their vice presidential candidate.

😄 “Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020. Since then, he hasn’t shown up for a debate. Now he’s acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal,” Biden said in a video message shared earlier Wednesday morning. “I’ll even do it twice. So let’s pick the dates, Donald. I hear you’re free on Wednesdays.”