The left is about to be disappointed. Despite their various attempts to silence him on social media, former President Donald Trump appears poised to make a return to the online space, and it could happen sooner than we think.
According to a report from Politico, “Longtime senior Donald Trump adviser Jason Miller is taking over as chief executive officer of a tech startup company that could be used by the former president.”
The report continued: “Miller’s company is currently developing a social media platform that is being considered for use by Trump. People familiar with the discussions stress that no final decision has been made by the former president about which platform he will use.”
Miller, who has acted as Trump’s spokesperson, is changing roles on the former president’s team and will no longer have a full-time role.
Recently, Trump shut down the blog he had been using to communicate to the public after social media companies banned him due to the false allegations that he incited the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol building. Miller said at the time that the blog had been “auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on.” (See: Trump’s Blog Has Been Permanently Shut Down; Here’s What to Expect)
Facebook, which allows the Chinese Communist Party to propagandize on its platform, recently announced that Trump’s ban will persist at least until January 2023. Twitter stated that its ban would be permanent. Since then, the former president has been considering other options.
While addressing a crowd at the annual North Carolina GOP convention, Trump said he wasn’t interested in going back to Facebook even when the company lifts its ban.
“They say they may allow me back in two years. I’m not too interested in that,” he said. “They may allow me back in two years. We’ve got to stop that. We can’t let it happen. So unfair. They are shutting down an entire group of people. Not just me. They are shutting down the voice of a much more powerful and a much larger group.”
A source that was familiar with Miller’s new endeavor told Politico that the technology he is working on is “next-generation” and “blows away anything else currently on the market.”
Since the moment it was revealed that Trump was banned from a major online platform, speculation as to his next move became rampant. The inevitably of Trump’s return to social media was not even a subject of debate – everyone knew he would not allow himself to be silenced for long. However, the nature of the master troll-in-chief’s return is not yet established.
However, one thing is clear: Regardless of whether Trump chooses Miller’s platform or takes another route, the former president will be back on the internet soon. Unlike many others, he has the money, resources, and clout to ensure that when he returns, the authoritarian left will never be able to silence him again. But at least the media will have their favorite nemesis back, right?